The ministry of August Huckabee with Worldview Academy

Sanddunes1

Sanddunes1

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Two Weeks Left

Time has absolutely flown this spring. I can’t believe my last update to you all was in January. I can’t believe we have less than two weeks left in our semester. I can’t believe I’m about to be packing up my room for the summer.

Since Spring Break, life has been pretty consistent at the Abbey, with of few notable exceptions. The weeks have involved meetings with students, teaching twice a week, guy’s Bible study on Thursdays, attempting to do marketing via Facebook, Youtube, and our blog,  and answering calls on application and admissions questions. The exceptions have been a couple weeks ago when I had the opportunity to go teach at Teenpact in a role where I was the responsible adult on the team (imagine!) and had the opportunity to teach some evening sessions, and this past week when Dr. Everett Piper, president of Oklahoma Wesleyan University, came to visit.

Looking forward to the summer, it doesn’t look like things will be slowing down too much! I will be travelling with Worldview this summer, but my job will be solely to represent the Abbey at the different camps and network with faculty members as well as administrators on the different campuses we will be on to get our students college credit. Right now the plan is to go to Illinois, Minnesota, Florida, Georgia, Northern California, Oregon, and Washington. If you are around our camp locations in those states, I would love to meet up with you during the week and catch up! Shoot me a call or an email, and we can see if we can make it happen.

It has been an incredible year. I have learned so much about relationships, management, marketing, and finances that I will have the opportunity to apply and improve upon next year, and I think they will be lessons that I will take with me for the rest of my life.

Please be in prayer for us.

Our hope is to have 24 students next year, and which is twice the size of our student body this year! Please pray that God would bring us students who would be good for our program, and that God would grant wisdom and a willingness to risk for our vision to students who would be considering us. 

Please pray also for our finances. With 24 students, we are considering buying a 15 passenger van to transport students and gear on our various trips, we are hoping to pay our faculty members next year instead of having them only on support, and we had an extremely minimal marketing budget this year that we would like to expand on, and we can’t do any of this without students or donors who catch our vision and want to be a part of what we are doing.

Thank you so much. I know you have kept my team and me in your prayers for the last year, and I know we wouldn’t be where we are without the prayers of the faithful.

A great way to keep up with me over the summer besides just this blog would be to check out our Abbey blog and our Facebook page, where we will be posting updates on our events, recordings of Worldview Faculty lectures and interviews, and devotions that we run across that we think would encourage our followers.


Thank you again, and hopefully I will see you soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment