The ministry of August Huckabee with Worldview Academy

Sanddunes1

Sanddunes1

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Introduction & Donations


Friends and family,

I have recently decided that I will be going to work for Worldview Academy as an Alumni Program Coordinator for at least the next year starting in May. This is extremely exciting for me because I think there have been several things that have come together that have made me think that this step is God’s call for the next season of my life. Of those many things, I think the main three would be the following:
  1. Mission and History with Worldview: Over the past four summers I have had the opportunity to serve with Worldview in various positions, and I have seen how this ministry is seeking to empower students to think and act in accordance with a Biblical worldview. Going to Texas A&M has also given me tremendous perspective on the importance of what Worldview teaches, and has given me a passion to continue spreading their vision for equipping students. 
  2.  Unique Opportunity: The main job I will have while with Worldview will be to develop a national community of alumni students and families. My personal vision for these programs and possible curricula would be to strategically give opportunity to high school and college students to grow in their faith and personal skills via lecture topics that supplement what Worldview teaches during the summer, and by hands-on learning to reinforce skills such as confidence, communication, integrity, and teamwork. My home-base will be Midland, Texas where Worldview’s corporate office is located, but I will be traveling with a camp team during the summer as well as extensively during the off-season when I will be working to get alumni programs up and running.
  3.   Timing: Now is the best opportunity for me to take this step and pursue vocational ministry because I am single and have no debt. As a result, I will be able to keep costs of living relatively low, and I will be able to remain as mobile as needed in order to fulfill the tasks that will help to both keep Worldview running and seek to expand its influence. 
With this exciting opportunity there are several needs that I will be having over the next year that I would humbly ask that you consider assisting me with: 
  1.  Prayer: The times in my life that I have felt the most clarity from God have been times when I have known that I had believers praying for me, and this time will most definitely not be the exception. I would first and foremost ask you to remember me in this way! 
  2. Finances: Worldview’s policy for their office staff is that each worker raises his or her support for their time with the organization. I would be remiss if I did not mention that I am a bit apprehensive about this process, but I think it is for the better as it is teaching me to lean on Christ and it invites accountability into an area that most would consider personal. My goal right now is to raise $1,200 per month for the next year.
  3. Spread the word! If you know of anyone who might be interested in supporting me through this ministry in either of the above mentioned ways, please  shoot them the link to my blog or let me know, and I would love to follow up with them.
Thank you so much for your time, both in reading this and in investing in my life.  If you have any questions about the specifics of what I will be doing with Worldview feel free to email me at augusth44@gmail.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible. If I can keep you updated on this ministry you can also email me and I will include you on my email supporter list, or you can revisit this blog periodically, as I will be putting updates on it as well.

If you would like to financially support my ministry with Worldview Academy, you can donate on the top right of this page or send cash or checks to Psalms 82.3 Ministries, 1021 Stagecoach Trail, San Marcos, TX  78666, and include my name in the memo line. All donations are tax deductible. Again, thank you so much for your time, and I hope to speak with you soon!


Here is a picture of my male staffers from last year, Southeast Team:


And here is one of the leadership team for this summer, West Coast!











No comments:

Post a Comment