The ministry of August Huckabee with Worldview Academy

Sanddunes1

Sanddunes1

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December Update

Friends,

First, I owe you an apology. As people who are supporting me financially and in prayer during this time of ministry, I should be more regular on updating this and letting you know how things are going, and what is being accomplished regarding Worldview.

However, I have been encouraged to know that even in my lack of updates you have continued to pray for me, generally and specifically, and it is awesome and encouraging to hear these reports from you. So, thank you so much for remembering me!

Since October I have been able to travel near and far doing campus recruiting, as well as working on many of the technical details of the upcoming summer camp season. My college staff recruiting has taken me to Georgia, Idaho/Eastern Washington, and back to South Carolina, where I have been able to make over 100 direct, personal contacts with potential staffers for this upcoming year. While it can definitely be tiring to be on the road so much, it is always one of my greatest joys to see former staffers with whom I have had such great memories over the years. 

Staffers from Moscow, ID

Staffers in Clemson, South Carolina


The office side of my job has been filled with contacting campuses about coming for camp next summer – a job where I’ve been talking with campus events departments from all across the country, many of whom are great to work with and are excited about our coming back. I am always thankful when the quality of our program precedes me on a phone call to a campus, because the contacts I make are consistently encouraging toward our mission, and they are glad to be able to play a role in spreading the message that we have of empowering and equipping students to live and act in accord with a Biblical worldview.

We have also finalized our staff applications and interview process in the last two months, so we will be receiving applications and conducting interviews almost non-stop from now till the end of March. This is a huge part of office work over the next several months! We also just published a video promotional regarding staffing, so if you or someone you know may be interested in serving with us this summer, please use it for an idea of what staffing looks like! 

Personally, adjusting in Midland has continued to be a blessing. While I do not feel like I am plugged in to a church per se because I am gone so much on the weekends, I have been consistently attending a Bible study during the week that has provided a community of peers as well as older individuals who are willing to pour into my life, and that has been very encouraging.

Please continue to pray for me! Pray that I would be creative and effective in the use of Worldview’s resources for accomplishing our staff recruiting for the spring. Pray that I would have the stamina and diligence to interview staff well and fairly, and that God would work through that process to select the staff teams that He wants for this summer.

Lastly, help to me love well and be involved here. Sometimes uncertainty about the future of how long I will be with Worldview (or where I will be living while still with them) tempts me to not invest in the people around me as much as I could, so please pray for me in this way - that I can live life fully where I am – not in the future, the past, or in what might have been.


Thank you so much. Your encouragement is a huge part of what keeps me going every day, and I love hearing from you and seeing you on my travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment