The ministry of August Huckabee with Worldview Academy

Sanddunes1

Sanddunes1

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Worldview at the Abbey

I am extremely excited to formally announce what my plans will be for this fall, beginning in September. Worldview Academy is starting a program for students who are either in their senior year of high school or who have just graduated, and it will consist of classes taught by me, Bill Jack, and Jeff Baldwin.

Students will be on our retired abbey in Canon City, Colorado for two semesters, and will take classes on Advanced Worldview and Apologetics, History, Literature and Rhetoric, and Political Science and Economics - all taught in a socratic style from a Biblical perspective. Along with the academics, students will participate in hands on learning scenarios to balance the head knowledge they are gaining. Some examples of this will be evangelism in downtown Colorado Springs, a trip to the capital building in Denver, outdoor adventure trips such as hiking or white water rafting, or mandatory community service hours to make a difference in the local city. 

We are in talks right now to be able to offer 18-24 hours of college credit for this program through Oklahoma Wesleyan University, a long time partner in our mission. We should know within the week exactly how many hours we will be able to offer through them. 

Students from the ages of 17-21 can participate in this program, and the cost this year for both semesters is $9800, which covers lodging, special events, and food except for breakfast. The only other expenses students would have on top of this are book costs and whatever else they would want for spending in their down time. 

For more information on this opportunity, check out our website at worldviewattheabbey.com. There you will be able to find our specific location, information about our faculty members, and syllabi for all our classes. You can comment here if you have any questions, or go to our website and go to the "Contact Us" tab, and your message will go directly to my inbox. 

My role within our bridge year program is extremely exciting for me. I will be handling the majority of the administrative tasks, intentionally discipling the guys who are a part of the program, and planning any special events we have. My family has been vacationing in Colorado or New Mexico since I was a small child, so for me the opportunity to move there to help start something like this is absolutely a dream come true. 

On top of that, from a professional point of view entrepreneurship has been my goal for the last several years, and for me this is a first project in terms of brick-and-mortar start-ups. Working at the Worldview office has been huge for me professionally because I had the opportunity to learn about marketing, recruiting, interviewing, sourcing, contracts, and professional relationships literally from the ground floor, but this new opportunity is gathering resources and creating something that was only an idea in our minds 18 months ago. Already from this experience I've been able to learn about web-design, incorporating a non-profit, and college accreditation processes, with much much more I'm sure to come. 

With this new target in our sights for this fall, we have huge needs that can only be met through God's prompting on his people. 

Practically, we need students. If you or someone you know might be interested in this program, please share this with them in any way you can. We don't want to guilt anyone into action, but the fact of the matter is that if students don't know about this program they won't participate in it, but by simply letting them know it opens the door to opportunity. Please help us in this way. 

Spiritually, we need your support as the body of Christ. Prayer for an initiative like this is a must, and I humbly ask that you remember us consistently! Please pray for Bill, Jeff, and me individually - that we would be faithful to the call ahead, whether students come to us or not. 

Also, any monetary support is greatly appreciated. I will continue raising support to be a part of this program, and thankfully my expenses will continue to be relatively low as they were this past year. My monetary supporters have been awesome and faithful over the past year, but I have lost a couple of them in the past couple months because of changing life seasons. If you would consider supporting me in this way, I would be glad to answer any questions you might have, or you can donate at the top right of the page or send cash or checks with my name on the memo line to Worldview Bridge Year, 148 Edinburg Road, San Angelo, TX 76901. All donations are tax deductible. 

Thank you so much. Your continued faithfulness, encouragement, and prayers are what keep me going in the tough times with the path that I am on, and I couldn't do it without you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment